Ofena

Ofena
Ofena from afar

samedi 17 novembre 2007

Add to Technorati FavoritesAdd to Technorati Favorites

6 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Would it be possible to get your opinion on staying in hotels in your area? I am coming from Canada to Carrufo for a wedding.
Barry

House in Italy a dit…

The best place to stay is the agritourismo "Sapori di Campagna". It is clean and the rooms are bright and large with nice bathrooms and a nice view across the valley. The breakfeast is a series of local delicacies that are delivered without end (see picture on the blog). There is a terrace in the garden where you can look out across the rest of the valley and where breakfast is served. In the evening you can also eat there as it is one of the best restaurants in the area, serving lamb with lemons. The price in the summer was 70 euros a night with the breakfast included for two people in one room. It is run by a family and they are really friendly, although they speak little English or French. The address is : 67025 Ofena - Colonia Frasca s.p. delle Vigne, km7+ 800 tel/ fax : 0862 954 253. I will put a map on the blog so that you can see how to get there.

Anonyme a dit…

I had an Italian friend of mine phone the Sapori and it sounds real nice. My concern was bathroom sharing (lineups) but apparently each room has a bathroom. We also phoned Parco gran Sasso in Castel del Monte and it also sounds okay and Victor there speaks English. Do you know anything about it? Thanks for your input. Greatly appreciated.
Barry

House in Italy a dit…

Hi there. Yes the Saporo has a bathroom in each room and it is very clean and airy so I think that it is a safe bet.

I've not heard of the place in Castel Del Monte, I'll check it out next time. Castel Del Monte is much higher up so you'd be nearer the mountain but 30 minutes further from the sea.

Anonyme a dit…

Hi! In case you don't get my text, I'd love to meet up while you're over. I come north to nearish you on Tues/weds eve, or you're welcome to visit here near Sulmona if you like?
Sue

miolas a dit…

Hi owner of this blog ! (in Paris?)
We have just bought in Ofena and would like to exchange infos with you. I am Finnish, my husband is French, we speak French at home. Feel free to contact me at miajolas@yahoo.com

- Mia from Finland

PS: Cannot send you private messages via the expat.com, so tried this :-)